Thursday 20 December 2012

Top Five Christmas Films

With being stuck in Manchester right until Christmas Eve, I have found myself watching Christmas films left right and centre, just to keep my festive spirits high. So here I've rounded up my top five...

Miracle on 34th Street

" We invite you to ask yourself this one simple question: Do you believe in Santa Claus?"

Miracle on 34th Street, was a childhood favourite. And that hasn't changed now I'm 21. There's something slightly magical, that gives me tummy butterflies every time I watch.

New Years Eve

"Some people swear there's no beauty left in the world, no magic. Then how do you explain the entire world coming together on one night to celebrate the hope of a new year?"

Okay, so this isn't technically a Christmas film. Compared to Christmas, I'm not really a New Years fan. But this film changed everything. I challenge anybody not to cry with joy at the end. I'm spending New Year 2013, in New York and hope I get a tiny bit of the magic shown in this film.

Love Actually

"When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion.. Love actually is all around."

Not only is this a favourite Christmas film. But a favourite overall film. I never tire of watching, so much my DVD has scratched, and stopped playing at parts. Like New Years Eve, the film follows different people's lives who all somehow connect. Even though I love all the story's, part of me is just nosey and likes to see others lives.

It's a Wonderful Life

"Every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings"

Full of Christmas cheer. A perfect family watch, that will defiantly get everyone being thankful. As Carrie Bradshaw would say, An oldie, but a goodie.

Elf
" The best way to spread Christmas cheer, is singing loud for all to hear"

Elf really is full of Christmas giggles and joy. I don't quite think there's a film which makes you feel more festive.

The best way to watch them is with a big mug of hot chocolate, and cosy pyjamas. Do you have a favourite? What is it?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment