Wednesday 19 December 2012

Farewell Gossip Girl

It's been common knowledge for quite some time now that Gossip Girl would draw to an end this season. Here in the UK this happened tonight.

I won't pretend I didn't shed a tear, or squeal with glee at times. But being a Gossip Girl fan, from that very moment Serena entered Grand Central, I couldn't have asked for more.

I'd be lying if I said Gossip Girl was just a weekly programme I tuned into. Blair and Serena can influence an outfit of mine, or I even find myself asking for Blair's exact hair colour. This influence from the teen drama will certainly be missed. I found myself on first moving to university, making friends with similar fans. My house religiously sit down together to watch. I'd quite honestly argue Gossip Girl, has been the Sex and the City of my generation.

I don't want this to be a spoiler for anybody who isn't quite up to date. However what was Serena thinking with that dress? And could Eleanor pull some strings for my dress, when the time comes? The clever reveal of Gossip Girl, and the appearances of friends and enemies. New and old, we're certainly my favourite bits. Rachel Bilson and Kirsten Bell, really did make me laugh.

However I think it's times stopped wishing to be Mrs.Bass. What did you think if it all? And yes, I did think it was Darota all along....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment