Wednesday 4 April 2012

April Showers

It was only a week away I was wearing a sunshine yellow jacket, and my newest summer dress.
Now I'm waking up to the howling of wind, rain hitting the window, and flurries of snow.

This is affecting my wardrobe drastically. I'm ready to wear pastels, chiffon skirts without tights, and wear my newly bought Topshop Felix sandals. Instead I'm trying to create new outfits, as I'm bored with the others with my winter wardrobe.
Even this weather isn't suitable for spring clothes or fashion.

To top this off I've left my yellow hunter wellies in my car, which my boyfriend has driven home 200 miles away. Let's hope the snow won't stick.

Todays outfit consists of a pink silk short with frill detail, from meemee.com. I bought these a while back and wasn't sure where I'd wear them, but they look great teamed with a little knit jumper, and will carry forward for the hot pink trend this summer.
 Pink Shorts - meemee.com

My leopard print cashmere jumper is an oldie from Warehouse, earlier on this winter. I haven't paired it with these shorts before but, decided this dark weather needed something bright and eye catching. I'm seeing a lot of black on the bus this morning.

My necklace was a steal from Miss Selfridge last week for £3, down from £15. It's so cute and due to it being small can be worn with a longer style necklace too.

I think it may even be available for £1 online now. I've finished my outfit of with my Marc Jacobs bag, one of my favourites I don't use often.

Is anyone else struggling with April shower wardrobe trauma? Will it be over soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment